17 Mar More Learning Opportunities for Realtors | Web 2.0 and Social Media
Every Tuesday, here at the CV Escrow website we post Technology Tips designed to help you, the Realtor, grow your business, keep up to date on the latest technologies, and move you forward into the new era of Real Estate.
If you have been finding value from any of the Technology Tuesday post we have been doing here at CV Escrow such as:
- Answering the Realtor Question, “What is Web 2.0?”
- List Local, Promote Global | International Websites for Your Coachella Valley Listings
- What Is a Blog and How Does It Relate to Real Estate?
- Build Your Online Brand By Paying Attention to Your Avatar
and you’d like to further educate yourself on how applying technology to your business can help you to grow your business, I wanted to bring two events to your attention that present great opportunities for Realtors to learn more.
The first is called Real Estate Bar Camp (REBarCamp). REBarCamp is a one-day, free, social media marketing conference for the Real Estate Industry. It is held in various cities throughout the country and the one closest to the Coachella Valley (REBarCamp Los Angeles) is taking place on Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 at the Pasadena Hilton from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Approximately 200 people are expected to attend. As mentioned, it is free to attend, but you do still have to register.
If you are interested in learning from others in the real estate industry about new ways to build your business, market yourself and your properties, I would advocate attending Real Estate BarCamp Los Angeles. I’ve been to several of these conferences (they started as a pre-cursor to the Inman Real Estate Connect Conference in San Francisco last year and have since expanded to be in 10 cities across the nation) and it is my favorite place to learn. The conference is great if you are thinking about deploying a social media marketing strategy to compliment your other (traditional) marketing efforts.
The conference is unstructured by design – there is no real set agenda. There will be topics by attendee’s put on a white board and if you are interested in attending one of the sessions that is posted, you just go to that area of the room. Topics from past RE BarCamps include:
- Strategies of Blogging for Business in Real Estate
- Twitter Tips for Real Estate
- FaceBook Marketing
- LinkedIn Business & Referral Strategies
- Leveraging the Power of Social Networks like Active Rain
- Using Trulia to grow your business
- Tricks of Marketing on Zillow
- What makes up a good Website
- Driving traffic to your website
- Marketing Your Inventory the Web 2.0 way
- Video Like a Pro
- How Do I Work This @$%@#$ Smart Phone?
Links for Additional Information:
- Conference Website: http://rebarcamp.com/losangeles/
- Registration (free to attend but you must register): http://rebarcamp.com/losangeles/?page_id=23
- Twitter Account: www.twitter.com/REBarCampLA
CV Escrow understands that REBarCamp is a great place to learn and is a proud sponsor of the event. I’ll be attending and hope to see you there!
The second event is a CDAR Lunch and Learn, also sponsored by CV Escrow. It is being held Monday, April 27th at Noon at the California Desert Association of Realtors Office in Palm Desert. I’ll be speaking on the following topic:
What is Web 2.0 and Social Media and Why is it Important for Realtors to Understand?
We know from NAR that 84% of buyers use the internet in their home search. Are you reaching those buyers? How Realtors market their listings and network with clients is changing quickly. Newspapers are losing their effectiveness and the internet is the place to be. How can social media help you to build your business and make money?
Join us for an entry level discussion that is designed to familiarize you with the basic concepts of how the internet and social media are changing the way real estate is done and how you can evolve with the times.
- Basic Terminology – Web 2.0, Social Media, Social Networking, Blogging
- Why Does This Matter
- Rules of the Social Media World
- Recommended Social Media Sites for Realtors
Instructor: Me (Stacey Harmon, Social Media Director for CV Escrow)
Course Date: Monday, April 27, 2009
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 pm (11:30 registration)
RSVP: Joy at 346-5637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in what you are reading? To automatically receive these Tuesday Technology Tips in your email box, subscribe to these articles at the top right corner of this site (www.CoachellaValleyEscrow.com) in the box titled “Subscribe via Email”.