04 Apr Paying It Forward: A Few Thoughts From Our President, Jeff Russell
Paying it forward. I’ve been thinking a lot about this, especially since our company culture and values definitely embody this idea.
There are so many ways to pay it forward – buy someone coffee, share words of encouragement, say ‘yes’ when someone asks for help, or make dinner for a sick neighbor. The list of ideas is endless!
But how does one do this within their own team and company? Here are a few ideas that come to mind that I have seen work out really well.
- Take someone under your wing who may be new to the company or their role.
- Share real-life challenges you’ve encountered and how you overcame them, encourage those on your team to read, take classes and learn so they can advance, and be there to talk through and support them if they are going through a rough patch in life.
- Be present. We live in a busy world, and people often feel undervalued because they don’t have the other person’s focus. So be that person who gives them undivided attention.
- Bring someone in the office a coffee who is going through a rough time.
- Write a thank-you note to someone who helped you find a solution to a challenging situation.
- Reach out to a team member who you know has a lot on their plate and ask if you can help.
Too often, as humans, we tend to compete, hold back, or worry about who is competing against us. But we have the power to do so much more for ourselves and our team when we encourage others to be better.
Paying it forward doesn’t take a ton of time or money. So think about how you can give back to others within your company. Once you have your list, pick one item and do it! The ultimate return will be so much greater than your initial investment.
Life is good. Jeff
Our team is here for you, so please reach out if we can support you and your escrow needs.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.